Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cannolis :)

The dough had to be 1/8 inch thick. Not 1/2 not 1/3  1/8th !
This is the cannoli dough before we had to let it sit for a half an hour. Don't I look Cute ?!

This is when we were making the cannoli cream. Mmmmmmmm
This is the cannoli cream before the chocolate chips were added.  Tasted gross before they were added !
Sarah and I were rolling the dough out for the cannolis.
Cutting the cannoli shape out of a cookie cutter.
The dowels that i forgot to get !
Coating the dowels with olive oil so the cannolis didn't stick. That would be bad !
The cannoli ready to be fried.
Coating the cannoli with beaten egg before it gets dipped in the oil.
Ewwwwwwwwww oil !

The cannolis after they were fried.

Pure Excellence :)

Filling the Masterpieces !

The cannolis being fried. Ewwww
 Hi im Ally ! I"m 141/2 and going to be starting high school in the fall. I love to bake all kinds of things such as cakes and cupcakes and I like to try to bake new things also. Cake Boss is my favorite baking show. I love when he says, "It's Hoboken Baby" !! I watch the show 24/7 and I'm going to see him at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee this summer :)  Woot Woot ! That's why I decided to cook my way through his cookbook this summer (or try to at least)!  The first recipe I made with my sidekick and friend, Sarah. We made cannolis  and I have to say it was a VERY challenging. I burned my hand frying the cannolis and didn't read the recipe right so my dad had to go out and get dowels for me to wrap the cannolis around right in the middle of cooking!! The  hardest part was frying the cannolis because the oil has to be so hot that it's scary.  The cannolis cook so fast! In the recipe it says to keep them in the oil for 10 minutes but in about two minutes they were already close to being burnt. Thanks for reading my blog i really appreciate it ! Stay tuned for Tiramisu :)

No comments:

Post a Comment